So way back when I was trying to get good at drawing on an iPad I did a drawing of an Afghan hound. I decided I wanted to make it into a cushion cover and I have finally got around to it. I said it in that post and I will say it again, for some reason I find these dogs hilarious, and I love how they look in a portrait.
I did it the same way I did the three flying ducks cushion cover a while ago. It has the same piping on the edge so they sort of match. I used screen printing inks, they have the same consistency as paint. Painting on fabric is quite difficult, last time I did a base layer with white and then painted over it but wasn’t totally happy with how it came out. This time I tried building up layers of paint instead, it took longer but I think it worked ok. The colours didn’t change too much when I heat set the ink, they went quite yellow last time.